- Be an 8th grade student in the Greenville Public School District
- Complete the application packet (available from the counselor’s in the middle schools)
- Submit application packet to middle school counselor no later than Wednesday, February 20th, 4:00 p.m.
- Complete interview process to be held Feb. 17 – 28, & Mar. 1st at Greenville High School, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (You will be contacted for a date and time).
About Early College:
WHY EARLY COLLEGE?
Early college is ideal for students who would best reach their potential in a supportive, personalized learning environment. Early college provides the supports for student success that they may not find in their base school or in their home. Many early colleges provide internships and volunteer opportunities for students that further contextualize and reinforce the link between classroom and college.
WHERE IS GREENVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS EARLY COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL HOUSED?
GPSECHS is housed on the campus of Mississippi Valley State University in Itta Bena, MS.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO ATTEND AN EARLY COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL?
An early college is a public high school; there is no cost for students to attend an early college. College tuition and textbooks are not charged to the students or their families.
ARE THERE EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AT EARLY COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOLS?
We ensure that our students are able to participate in sports and other activities at Greenville High School.
WHERE ARE EARLY COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOLS LOCATED IN MISSISSIPPI?
There are currently six early college high schools located in Mississippi:
- Mayhew, MS at East Mississippi Community College
- Vicksburg, MS at Hinds Community College
- Clarksdale, MS at Coahoma Community College
- Natchez, MS at Copiah-Lincoln Community College
- Greenville, MS at Mississippi Valley State University
- Tougaloo, MS at Tougaloo College